Australian Swat Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Create Music on Your Computer!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AST-ShortMonkey

AST-ShortMonkey

Create Music on Your Computer! Empty
PostSubject: Create Music on Your Computer!   Create Music on Your Computer! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 4:40 am

Everyone likes to create. Everyone likes music. Everyone wants to try out music at least once. Unfortunately, some people cannot create music because they cannot afford an instrument. I am posting links of programs of music that are easy to use and are fun and can create amazing audio if used wisely. Some of these programs are quite expensive but the free trials and demos are recommended. If you have any questions on these programs, Google it, then ask me if you cannot find the answer.

Where I have not listed the price but only the free demo/trial, it means there is a price for the full version but I have not posted it. I apologise for the inconvenience.

- Mixcraft 4 (free trial - $69.95 US)

Mixcraft 4 is a fantastic program for recording. In fact, due to its awesome virtual instruments, you don't need to have an instrument to make music well. The free trial last for 30 days. After the trial expires, you can make music but you cannot export it for everyone to hear. I will most probably be purchasing this product for future use of recording.

- Fruity Loops Studio (free demo)

Fruity Loops Studio is a great program for creating and exporting loops. The demo is permanent and never runs out, however you cannot save your Fruity Loop file projects (this does not mean you cannot export your creations as .mp3s), therefore, it is virtually impossible to work on a large project in Fruity Loops. The best way to use the demo effectively is to create and export your loops/tracks, then to import your sounds into another program, such as Mixcraft 4 and others.

- Acid Pro 7 (free trial - £244.89)

Acid Pro is a great program for synchronising your tracks, changing pitch, pan, volume, the lot. It is also great for applying VSTs and for finalising large projects.

- Audacity (free)

Audacity is a good, free program, which I mainly use for compression. If you import your song into Audacity and export it from there, it will end up smaller than it was before and is easier to send to all your friends! You will need to download the LAME MP3 encoder to export sounds as .mp3s with Audacity. Audacity is not recommended for sole use of audio projects.

- Reaper (free)

Reaper is a fantastic program, seeing as it is totally free. In this program, you can do the things you can do in professional programs, just not as easily and you don't have professional virtual instruments such as Mixcraft. I don't like to use it much myself, but many people do and it is great for recording if you don't take music-creation seriously and just like to have fun!

- Guitar Pro 5 (free trial)

Guitar Pro 5 is great program for writing music, especially for guitar.

- MuseScore (free)

MuseScore is a great free program for composing music, especially for symphonic instruments. Unlike Guitar Pro 5, you can write up to all the octaves a piano can reach. I have just discovered this and have not gotten used to it yet, but I can tell it is good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: making music   Create Music on Your Computer! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:09 am

i use frooty loops, you can get the full version with crank on utorrent. it worked fine for me.
Back to top Go down
AST-ShortMonkey

AST-ShortMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Create Music on Your Computer!   Create Music on Your Computer! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:44 am

Dark Lotus wrote:
i use frooty loops, you can get the full version with crank on utorrent. it worked fine for me.

*cough* You're not supposed to mention this stuff on public forums *cough*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: music   Create Music on Your Computer! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:38 am

HAHAHAHAHA you's guy's make me laugh lol,i buy my music well worth it,and i have a mini dj studio in my room if i want to rap (retard attempting poetry) but i hate rap so yeah awesome stuff! (:

AST-UNLEASHED
over and out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Create Music on Your Computer!   Create Music on Your Computer! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Create Music on Your Computer!
Page 1 of 1